Become A Member
If you become a dues-paying member, you receive a discount on Cal Cycling clothing, you are eligible to compete in collegiate races, and you can take advantage of our excellent pro-deals. Check out our sponsors to see which companies give us generous discounts.
To become a member you’ll need to:
- Sign up for RSF membership. It’s only $10 for students. This takes about 30 minutes to get processed, so wait a little bit before going on to the next step.
- Fill out a participant information form and program waiver online at the Rec Sports website. You’ll need to follow the instructions located in the section labeled Steps to Register as a Sport Club Participant. Log in, fill out your information form and waiver, then make sure to click through to Join a Club and select the cycling team.
- Pay yearly dues of $100. Dues are good for 1 school year (Fall through Spring). They can be paid online, or by check, cash or credit card to a cashier at the RSF. Printed forms are available at the cashier. The RSF cashier is located halfway down the hallway to the locker rooms. Checks must be made out to: UC Regents – Cycling. You will receive a receipt as your proof of payment.
- Join the Cal Cycling mailing list to get updates on weekly rides, team events, and races. It’s for official Cal Cycling business. Click here to join.
- (Optional) Join the Berkeley Cycling Community email list. It isn’t affiliated with Cal Cycling, but people (alumni and some current Cal Cycling riders) send out ride invitations on it. It’s official name is “The Other List.” Click here to join.
Become A Driver
Sign up and complete a Drivers form here
- Choose “students”. Log in with your CalNet ID.
- Navigate to the top tab titled “Forms” and select the Drivers Agreement form
- Read through, sign, and complete the form.
Drop off Driver Paperwork at the RSF Club Sports Office. The office is located on the 2nd floor of the RSF. Stairs are just past the cashiers office on the east side of the building (near the little cafe).
- Insurance Card copy
- DMV release form (so the RSF can check to make sure you have no DUI’s on your record).
Race with Us
To be able to race for the team we’re all required to have a racing license. This racing license is the official record of what category you race, which you’ll show the registration volunteers in order to enter a race. You can either purchase an annual license for $30, or a one-day license at the race for $10. One-day licenses are not issued for Men’s A or Women’s A Categories. If your physical license doesn’t come in time for a race, make sure to print out your authorization to ride. Instructions on how to purchase a license:
- Log in at USA Cycling: https://www.usacycling.org/myusac/index.php?pagename=mypage
- Fine the Purchase/Renew license button: https://www.usacycling.org/myusac/index.php?pagename=buy
- Choose a collegiate license and pay your $30 (Select University of California – Berkeley)
- Print an authorization to ride and bring it to every race!
- Heckle your friends too: https://www.usacycling.org/clubs/members.php?club=3387
Please let me know if you have questions!
Ride With Us as a Non-Member
If you do not wish to become a member, you can still ride with us on any of our daily rides. However, university policy still requires that you fill out a Participant Information AND Program Waiver form and give it to us.
By far the best way to learn about Cal Cycling is to sign up for the mailing list. Pretty much every kind of announcement gets posted there, such as rides, clothing hours, and pro-deals information. Sign up, and see what it’s like. It’s easy to remove yourself from the list, and it’s free!
UC Berkeley Students with CalMail accounts may sign up for the Cal Cycling Mailing Lists via the CalMail mailing lists page. This link is only for those using socrates or uclink accounts. If your email is not on those systems, you must follow the instructions below.
If you do not have a CalMail account, you can subscribe or unsubscribe by sending an email to the subscribe/unsubscribe address for the desired list. To subscribe, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org). The subject and body can be empty. The confirmation email you’ll get back lets you choose to receive all mail from the list or a digest version that consolidates all messages into a single daily email.
To unsubscribe: send an email to email@example.com, calcycling-women-leavelists.berkeley.edu, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cal Cycling Main List (email@example.com)
The Cal Cycling Mailing List is the main discussion forum for the club. Anyone can sign up for the list and post to the list. Rides, items wanted for purchase or for sale, and social gatherings are announced on the list. It’s best to subscribe, and see what kind of messages are posted to see what’s acceptible. Spamming the list is strictly verboten.
Cal Cycling Women’s List (firstname.lastname@example.org)
During the week there are several women’s rides which are usually announced in the SPoTW, but some may be posted on this list. Anyone can join and post to the list, but this is not the forum to figure out your sexual identity crisis.
Cal Cycling Alumni’s List (email@example.com)
Alumni of Cal Cycling now have a mailing list! Cal alum as well as family of Cal Cyclists can also use this list to stay current with organized Alumni events.